Thursday 1 January 2015

Goals For 2015



It's that time of the year where people start making New Year's resolutions, and I have made some in the past, but never have I kept one. So instead I'm going to set myself reachable goals to achieve throughout the year. I feel like this is a better way to do things, so then you have something to aim for throughout the year! So I thought I would share the goals I'm making, so I'm more determined to achieve them!

1. Get good AS Level grades, and apply for suitable universities.
This is something that I REALLY want to do. I recently got pretty good GCSE grades this summer and I'm hoping that I can carry on the spell of good grades with my AS Level exams. The universities I want to apply for are not easy to get in to, so I want to achieve good grades so I can have a chance of getting in to these universities. It's going to be a lot of work, and quite frankly already is, but I'm hoping I can push pass the immense stress and use it to my advantage. At the moment, I'm hoping to study for a BA in linguistics at university, but that could change by the time I end up applying. So that's what I'm aiming to apply for in December, so watch this space to see whether I actually for it or whether I completely change my mind, as that's very possible.

2. Lose 1 more stone of weight and feel more body confident.
This is something I am doing FOR MYSELF, just to confirm. I've lost two stone over the past two years, so I'm hoping another stone will be achievable. I'm tall, so I don't want to lose too much more as it may become a health risk, so I'm aiming for a nice healthy weight. In 2014, I became more confident in my body as I lost weight, and there's just little bits of my body which I'd like to be just a bit flatter. All I've done in previous years is eat much more healthily, as I used to eat a horrendous amount of junk food. I know how to lose weight sensibly, as I've been doing it for a couple years, so I'm confident I can lose this last stone in a healthy, sensible way; which is also why I've given myself a year to do it. My self-conciousness has dropped dramatically over the past couple years, and I can't wait for it to be at a level at which I am fully confident in myself and my body, and I hope that happens this year. No, actually, it will happen this year.#Motivation

3.Keep this blog going.
This is a much smaller goal than others, but I really want to achieve it. I've tried started blogs and journals and even youtube channels before but it hasn't lasted. Whereas this one will. I'll try to be more regular with my posts as the year goes on, but I'm only starting out right now. I will get better with the format of my posts,and my photos will become better quality eventually. But, my main goal is to just keep it going. Keep posting, and lets hope I'm still here in December

And lastly, my most important goal,

3.Be more positive in general.
If you know me beyond this blog, then you'll know I am pretty pessimistic and emotionless. It used to be something I was sort-of proud of, as it's easier to go through life not worrying about being let down or showing emotion in front of people. Whereas now I've decided, no. I want to have a more positive outlook on things. I've had a pretty tough 2014, so I've decided that 2015 is going to be a good year. It's going to be full of happiness, fun and optimism. I'm going to make 2015 a good year,despite the stress of AS levels and university applications and just the general stress of being a teenager. It'll be a good year, and I hope to document this on this blog. I know this sounds very hippy-ish and a bit naive, but I don't care. 2015 will be a positive year.

Thank you for reading, and I wish you all a happy and prosperous 2015!

Feel free to let me know about your goals!

Much love,

RubyLauren xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com