Sunday 7 December 2014

Who, What and Why - Reasons Behind the Blog.

Hello to anyone who may be reading this post.
I feel like I ought to explain myself. I ought to explain why I, a 17 year old girl from a seaside town in South East England, is writing a travel (/all sorts of other bits and bobs) blog.
I'll start with explaining who I am.
My name is Ruby, I am 17 years old and I live in a seaside town in England, not too far from Brighton.
(The most recent selfie I have taken)

Normally, travel blogs are written by 20-somethings who have the money and freedom to be in new places every week or month, and take stunning quality photographs wherever they go.
That's not me. However, one day, I wish it is.
I'm not really sure what I want to do with my life in the future, it's ranged from astronaut to swimmer, and now currently it's at speech therapy (which I'm hoping will stick, as I've got to chose my university course pretty soon.)
However, I have always wanted to travel. Ever since I was a little kid, I've been lucky enough to go on multiple holidays to multiple places with my parents. These holidays included going to Portugal, Rome, New York, Lapland and Florida. I know how lucky I am to have had these experiences, but I've always wanted to go to even more places. I love the idea of being on an aeroplane and not knowing exactly what's going to be on the other end of the journey.
I've come to realise that talking about my holidays with my friends and family so often makes me seem a) as if I'm showing off and b) really bloody annoying. So, I decided, I wanted to share this excitement and culture with other people who actually want to hear about it, and this would be best via writing a travel blog.
I'd be lying if I said I wanted to do this as a full time job right now, but maybe in the future I will want to. I don't know.
I'm not expecting this blog to be perfect or popular. I'm just a 17 year old girl taking pretty crappy quality photos, and explaining about them with my English GCSE. I'm no expert, but I will improve eventually, but it will make some time. However, right now,  I do have passion and excitement, and that's all I care about.
This will not be a full travel blog, at the moment I may include other things as I'll run out of travelling to post about! So I'll probably be doing travel-related tags, reviews and all sorts of other things.
Many thanks to any of you who read this, or anyone who starts to follow me.
Lots of love
RubyLauren xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com